What reviewers are saying about Repairing the Breach:
“The authors have done a masterful job in putting this book together, and I congratulate them on a work that I think will stand the test of time. I consider Repairing the Breach to be among the best books in print assessing the culture wars and making sense of it all.”
~ Beverly Eakman, education expert and author of Cloning of the American Mind
Repairing the Breach (RTB) is the most comprehensive book available evaluating the current and historical clash of worldviews between Christianity, humanism, postmodernism, liberal theology, and the New Age. Thoroughly documented with more than 2,500 footnotes and endnotes, and yet passionately told from the perspective of the authors’ own quest for truth, the work is a must-read for high school and college students, and for teachers, parents, and pastors charged with the responsibility to teach others.
The book is also ideal for the non-Christian truth-seeker, as it systematically explains the poor methodology, deception, and flawed evidence used to bolster the worldview alternatives to
Christianity. Specifically, the book explains that humanism, the New Age, and liberal theology rely on deceptive Darwinian science, flawed philosophy, and biased historical methods, while the
Christian worldview alone achieves the harmony of truth in all domains, and the harmony of faith and reason.
Repairing the Breach will answer the following questions:
- What is a worldview and are the alternatives really at war with Christianity?
- Historically, how have the competing worldviews of humanism, the New Age, and liberal theology been influenced by flawed philosophy, false science, and poor methodology?
- What are the ancient roots of the modern worldviews opposed to Christianity, and how has the Church fought against such errors during the past 2,000 years?
- Does the evidence in the scientific literature support the claims of Darwinian evolution, including human evolution? (Note: The two chapters on human evolution constitute the most comprehensive critique yet written. In addition, twelve other so-called “proofs” of evolution found in science textbooks are evaluated based on the evidence in the scientific literature.)
- Can theistic evolution be viewed as the proper reconciliation of faith and science by Christians who believe that the authors of Scripture did not intend to convey scientific truths in their writings? Why must the Scholasticism of the Middle Ages be considered when developing an answer?
- What historical link is there between deceptive Darwinian science, Nazism, eugenics, abortion, education theory, morality, and jurisprudence?
- Why is public school education failing so badly and what does the controlling philosophy behind the NEA have to do with this failure?
- What does judicial activism have to do with the war of worldviews?
- Why has America undergone a moral collapse? Is there hope for the nation?
- What is the only proven approach for Christian parents to effectively steer their children away from false worldviews?
- Will Christian freedoms really come under attack if the tide is not turned? Won’t Christians be protected by their Constitutional rights?
- What strategies can be executed at the local and national levels to turn the tide in the war of worldviews?
- (Special Appendix) What is the true Catholic teaching on evolution theory and the harmony of faith and reason? Is the clash of worldviews only for Evangelicals, or is there common ground on which all Christians and all truth-seekers can unite?
More About Repairing the Breach
The 16 chapters and 2 appendices of Repairing the Breach are approx. 650 pages in length; with footnotes and endnotes, the book is more than 750 pages. While the length of this work may
seem intimidating, the material is very manageable and assumes the reader has no specialized education in any domain. Rather, the book was written specifically for the general public, and the authors have compiled information from thousands of sources into a concise and clear treatment of a wide variety of subjects impacted by the war of worldviews.
This work will be a treasured addition to your library and will allow you to understand and explain to others, the war of worldviews that rages all around. If you read just one work on this topic, this is the one!
Back Cover Text of Repairing the Breach:
To the prospective reader:
Are you a truth-seeker? Do you long for a worldview conforming with the scientific evidence and the application of sound reason in all domains, a belief system not relying upon deceptive Darwinian science or flawed philosophical and historical methods for intellectual justification? Are you willing to embark on a quest for truth, even if it leads to the realization that you are accountable to the Creator and are called to serve Him? If so, you are a truth-seeker, and Repairing the Breach will be a life-changing experience.
I reviewed an early draft of Repairing the Breach as a dissatisfied humanist seeking real answers to the great questions of life such as “Who is man?” and “Why am I here?” I found the evidence set forth for the Christian worldview from the domains of science, philosophy, theology, and history–as well as the case that the thrust of Western thought since the Enlightenment has been to deny man’s accountability to the Creator–so convincing that I gave my life to Christ less than a year later.
I remain convinced that the only hope for the Church and the nation is for Christians to repent of our spiritual indifference and to resolve that we will fight to restore truth in all domains and in the classroom. For it is in the school classroom where deceptive information and manipulative educational techniques have led millions of innocent children into hedonistic lifestyles with disastrous spiritual, emotional, and physical consequences.
How can truth be restored? Repairing the Breach sets forth a bold strategic initiative to turn the tide (see also www.restoringtruthministries.org). If Christian ministries and the remnant of believers agree that the war of worldviews is real and that it is ultimately a spiritual war, and if there is a great and coordinated response, the nation may yet be saved. If the call to action is ignored, then this once-Christian land will experience a final downfall, and readers of this work will understand that such an end would be perfectly just.
Repairing the Breach ably and passionately demonstrates that truth in all domains leads to the Cross. If we accept this centuries-old position, how can we fail to recognize the importance of restoring truth to science, philosophy, history, and theology? If we dare claim to be worthy of the sacred name “Christian,” if we love Jesus Christ–who came into the world to testify to the truth (John 18:37) –then how can we fail to study the enemy’s tactics of deception and develop counter strategies to restore truth?
The reader will see a brief account in Repairing the Breach explaining that I was graced to be the first seeker of truth who was fundamentally changed by this monumental work. I pray and trust that through this book, many more will be turned toward the Truth, Jesus Christ, and will see the need to work diligently to restore truth while there is still time.
May God guide you in your quest for truth, and may He prosper the work of your hands.
~ Bernie Webb
Contents of Repairing the Breach:
- Origins of the Quest
- Evolution and Deceit: Defining Terms
- Human Evolution: The Ultimate
- Darwinian Myth
- The Emperor Has No Clothes
- Behind the Darwinian Deception
- Darwin’s Silent Attack
- Loose Ends
- Darwinism, Eugenics, and Nazism
- Abortion and Population Control: The Modern Face of Eugenics
- Public School Children: Pawns of the Liberal Arsenal
- Epicurus, Darwin, and the Constitution
- Opening Church Doors to the Father of Lies
- A Criticism of Rationalism and Liberal Scholarship
- The New Age and the Old Lie
- One Must Choose
- To Restore Truth
- Appendix A. The Hominid Fossil Record: Why Human Evolution is the Ultimate Darwinian Myth
- Appendix B. Why Catholics Must Engage in the War of Worldviews